When Samsung announced provide no KitKat update for the Galaxy S3, the outcry was great. Now developers are rushing to the popular Samsung classic to help. update: A new, more stable version of the ROM is available.
My new favorite phone - which you would have liked?
Choose OnePlus 5 or Moto G5 plus.VS
- 507 StimmenOoops! Something went wrong. should update helfen.OnePlus 5
- 230 StimmenOoops! Something went wrong. should update helfen.Moto G5 plus
The unofficial ROM has Android 4.4.4 for the international S3 variant (i9300) and is directly borrowed from the KitKat update for the Korean S3 model. It is still not completely stable. The network connection strength is not displayed correctly and SMS can not send currently. That the ROM is still in its infancy and has been compiled in a few hours, it runs however already remarkably stable.
- Galaxy S3 and KitKat: Samsung delivers best argument against TouchWiz
- KitKat for the Galaxy S3: developers are working on a solution
- After Samsung debacle: Manufacturer essays, yes or no?
Bloatware was removed, KNOX as well, and the XDA developer promises a more stable ROM than other previous KitKat offers for the Galaxy S3. Those who now want to test before, it can download it from the XDA-Developers here. For any damages or otherwise undesirable consequences as always carries your own responsibility.
[UPDATE: 6/10/2014, 11:00 am]
A new version of the beta-ROMs now fixes the known SMS problems and the network connection strength misrepresented. Thus, one can unofficially speak of a largely stable and functional ROM.