The top two smartphones from Samsung, the Galaxy S7 and S7 Galaxy Edge, finally received the firmware update to Android 7.0 nougat. Our table shows the current status as well as new features that Samsung distributed with the update. update: The Oreo update the S7 and S7 Edge will receive the Samsung Experience. And maybe even Bixby.
- Android 7.0 nougat Update: Summary for smartphones and tablets
- Galaxy S7 (Edge): root instructions and ADVICE
highlight recent changesYesNo
- 1 My new favorite phone - which you would have liked?
- 1.1 Available versions of Android for the Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F):
- 1.2 Available versions of Android for the Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935F):
- 1.3 Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge: Oreo update brings Samsung Experience
- 1.4 Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge: start final nougat Update
- 1.5 Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge: New Features
- 1.6 Install Android update on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge manually
- 1.7 Where to buy the Samsung Galaxy S7
My new favorite phone - which you would have liked?
Choose OnePlus 5 or Moto G5 plus.VS
- 507 StimmenOoops! Something went wrong. should update helfen.OnePlus 5
- 230 StimmenOoops! Something went wrong. should update helfen.Moto G5 plus
Available versions of Android for the Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F):
|Samsung Galaxy S7 - DBT (without branding)||08/30/2017||08/01/2017||Yes||Yes|
|Samsung Galaxy S7 - XEG (1&1)||05/30/2017||05/01/2017||Yes||Yes|
|Samsung Galaxy S7 - DDE (Congstar)||09/04/2017||08/01/2017||Yes||Yes|
|Samsung Galaxy S7 - VIA (O2)||09/07/2017||08/01/2017||Yes||Yes|
|Samsung Galaxy S7 - DTM (Deutsche Telekom)||09/04/2017||08/01/2017||Yes||Yes|
|Samsung Galaxy S7 - CD2 (Vodafone)||08/24/2017||08/01/2017||Yes||Yes|
Available versions of Android for the Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935F):
|Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - DBT (without branding)||08/30/2017||08/01/2017||Yes||Yes|
|Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - XEG (1&1)||05/30/2017||05/01/2017||Yes||Yes|
|Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - DDE (Congstar)||09/04/2017||08/01/2017||Yes||Yes|
|Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - VIA (O2)||09/07/2017||08/01/2017||Yes||Yes|
|Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - DTM (Deutsche Telekom)||09/04/2017||08/01/2017||Yes||Yes|
|Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - CD2 (Vodafone)||08/24/2017||08/01/2017||Yes||Yes|
The data in the tables are from SamMobile; Stand: September 28, 2017;
Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge: Oreo update brings Samsung Experience
Samsung will probably still buy the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge an update to Android Oreo. Likely making it though until the spring of 2018, but already emerging: The Oreo update will probably also bring a refresh of the user interface, such SamMobile has found. A forum entry, judging by S7-owners will be able to look forward to the Samsung Experience. Which is so to speak the official name of the optics originally called Grace UX. Extensive visual changes but do not go along with it. Also Bixby could be an issue for the Galaxy S7.
Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge: start final nougat Update
Worldwide, the release of nougat updates started a little earlier, now it is also in Germany come: Samsung has confirmed the rollout of nougat updates for the Galaxy and the Galaxy S7 S7 Edge. Samsung, however, should not distribute the update simultaneously to all users, but choose a staged rollout. In fact, the update was only briefly available until it was stopped again. A month Samsung has used in order not to fix known problems with the nougat update. Since early March, the rollout is in full swing.
Only S7 models with Telekom branding currently do not yet have access to the nougat update.
Important changes are found for example in the performance settings. There you can customize and choose an individual mix of battery life and computing power, the power of the smartphone to your needs. In addition, the smartphone renders the user interface now in full HD instead QHD - an adaptation that can be undone.Galaxy S7 Android nougat / © AndroidPIT
Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge: New Features
We have already tested the nougat update for the Galaxy S7 / Edge in its beta phase and learned the new features to know. In particular, the design changes should you like to see yourself in the screenshots in the articles.
- Android nougat on the Galaxy S7 Edge tried: Part 1
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with Android Nougat: Impressions, Part 2
Here is a short list of new features that gets the Galaxy S7 with the nougat update:
- Setting suggestions
- Blue light filter (Night Mode)
- Resolution at the factory to full HD instead WQHD
- SamsungOne font
- New battery statistics
- App suggestions in the launcher
- Third in the always-on display
- Video Enhancer for better audio and video in movies
- New menu structure in the camera app
Install Android update on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge manually
There is no OTA update for your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge, you can manually draw a new firmware on your Android smartphone and thus get earlier. These steps may be risky, so we want to warn you against possible loss or failure of your smartphone. We can not be held liable in this case.
First, you need the Samsung drivers for the Windows PC, the Flash program Odin, and the serial number of your device must accordingly download the firmware. Initially, the download offers at The Android Soul. The currently available BTU version comes from the UK, has no branding, supports all relevant to us 3G and 4G frequencies and can be switched to German.
- Nougat update for the Galaxy S7
- Nougat update for the Galaxy S7 Edge
The simplest and quickest you load down the firmware in Updato. You can find the model in the Android settings under device information; the region in the table above. Other requirements: at least 80 percent battery, USB debugging enabled and a backup in the event that the installation of your data will delete from the device.Something like that does your screen when flashing the Samsung firmware. / © AndroidPIT
After that, you do it manually Android update of your Galaxy S7 / Edge:
- Go in the Galaxy S7 / Edge in the settings on your lock screen and safety.
- Turns in the safe startup of the PIN unblocking, if any.
- Unpacks the firmware ZIP file on the computer.
- Starts Odin on your computer.
- Starts your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge by Leiser + Power + Home button in the download mode.
- Connects your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge with your computer and wait for the Odin-log entry added!
- Clicks on BL, AP, CP and CSC and opens the respective corresponding tar.md5-File. In the case of CSC uses your HOME_CSC ~ .tar.md5.
- Click Start.
- Maintains and makes sure that the USB connection is not interrupted.
- Waiting for the green PASS message.
- Separates the USB cable.
- Your Galaxy S7 / Edge do a long reboot into Android nougat.
get update? Then help us with the research. Send us easily on Facebook / Twitter / Google + a screenshot with the Release Notes and the new baseband version. also tells us with which provider you are.
The article has been completely revised.